Schedule of Events
• Practice Round: 10:00 am to 1:30 pm, contact the Golf Shop at 919-489-6676
• Player Registration: 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm
• Parent Reception: 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
• Players' Dinner: 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm
• Welcome & Players Meeting: 7:00 pm to 7:30 pm
• First Round: Tee Times Begin at 8:00 am off #1
• Second Round: Tee Times Begin at 8:30 am to 10:30 off #1 and #10
• Final Round: Tee Times Begin at 8:30 am to 10:30 off #1 and #10
• Awards Presentation: 2:30 pm
Please click on the "Register" button below. By doing this, you will be taken to the Carolinas Golf Association's tournament information page. It is on this page you'll be able to register to play, learn additional details and receive pairings & results.
I, for myself and the player, hereby release Hope Valley Country Club (the host facility), The Hope Valley Junior Invitational Golf Tournament, its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and all of its sponsors from any and all liability for any event or consequence whatsoever in any way arising out of or relating to a player’s participation in this event with the sole and singular exception of liability arising out of bad faith or willful misconduct. I understand and support the AJGA’s Code of Conduct (see below). In case of emergency during the tournament, I authorize a qualified medical doctor to take all necessary measures in the treatment of the aforementioned tournament participant. I give HVJI permission to use my child’s picture in any publication, and to give my email address to college coaches who request it.
Parents / Spectators
Parents and spectators are welcome and desired at our Tournament. Spectator carts will not be available during the tournament. All spectators must keep a 20 yard distance from players. Spectators may have no verbal contact with players. The giving of advice or coaching of players is strictly prohibited and is grounds for disqualification.
Special rates are available through the Hope Valley Junior Invitational guest room block (Group ID: 747191). Guests may reach the hotel reservations department by dialing (919) 490-0999 and requesting
Hope Valley Junior Invitational guest room block
or click on the link below.
Play will be governed by USGA Rules of Golf except where modified by local rules. All questions shall be resolved by the Tournament Championship Rules Committee whose decision shall be final.
All tournament participants will be expected to abide by the AJGA Code of Conduct. Violations of the Code of Conduct will be dealt with based on the severity of the misconduct. Use of tobacco products is prohibited. The AJGA's Code of Conduct is as follows:
Any of the following actions by an HVJI member at an HVJI event, non-HVJI event or toward another HVJI member anywhere, constitutes a violation of the AJGA Code of Conduct:
1. Unsportsmanlike conduct, including abusive language, cheating, club throwing, disrespect to volunteers, officials or fellow competitors, or abuse of golf course property
2. Not adhering to the dress code at the host golf course
3. Use or association with drugs, alcohol, or smoking or chewing tobacco products
4. Vandalism at the host hotel, abusive behavior to host family or property
5. Conduct not becoming of an HVJI player, such as acting in anger or creating other distractions
6. Failure to treat host golf course with respect by ignoring the responsibility of caring for the course, filling divots and fixing ball marks
7. Physical abuse, threat of physical abuse, verbal abuse, slander or libel towards other players, parents, coaches, sponsors, host golf course staff or members, HVJI staff or volunteers in any medium
1. Hats/visors must be worn with brim forward, males must remove hat/visor while indoors
2. Collared shirts or mock turtlenecks (host golf course permitting) must be worn and tucked in at all times
3. Women's fashion shirts without a collar must have sleeves
4. Women's fashion shirts must not rise above the belt line at anytime during the golf swing
5. Women's shorts, skorts and skirts must be no more than 5" above the knee or the inseam of the shorts must measure at least 5"
1. Tank tops, T-shirts
2. Denim shorts, short-shorts, cut-off shorts, gym shorts, jeans, sweat pants, yoga pants
3. Earrings (males)
4. Body piercings
5. Tattoos (must be covered)
Proper attire is required at all times at the host golf course, including cookouts. Questionable attire will be reviewed by the Tournament Committee. Should a host golf course or resort have a stricter dress code, its policy will take precedence. Players in violation will not be allowed to tee off. With the exception of males always removing their hats/visors while indoors, the HVJI dress code is otherwise not in effect for functions taking place at the host hotel when the host hotel is not associated with the host golf course. When an HVJI function takes place at a resort, all attendees must be in golf attire if they plan on using the practice facilities.
Any Code of Conduct violation will result in a written letter to the player and his or her parent/guardian. The HVJI Tournament Committee may assess any or all of the following penalties based on severity and frequency of the violation(s):
1. One-stroke penalty for each act of unsportsmanlike behavior on the golf course
2. Immediate disqualification from the tournament at which the violation occurs
3. Depending on the severity of the violation, a tournament disqualification may also result in disqualification from the next year(s) event.